Tuesday, January 6, 2009

37 1/2 weeks

Because the most frequently asked question to me these days is "how are you feeling/doing?" I decided that I would just answer - truthfully. My answer always is just "good." So here it is. I feel like I have a big, very active baby in me and to be honest I'm not sure that I'm ready yet to have it come out. Generally at this point I'm chomping at the bit but right now 2 weeks sounds pretty soon. Physically I feel fine. Yes, I'm uncomfortable and not sleeping well at all and my back does hurt frequently but overall I feel fine. Where the real problem lies is in the fact that I have NO desire to do anything. I don't want to clean my house, cook any meals, go to a store, pull out baby clothes, etc. I think I could be content to just sit on the couch and do nothing (except eventually my legs would get really restless and my back would really start to hurt!) Anyway, I'm hoping this is temporary and goes away quickly because it's not really helping me to get ready for this baby.
I went to the Dr. today. In a nutshell he said he would strip my membranes at 39 weeks and schedule an inducement for sometime between 40-41 weeks that day also. So basically by Jan 30th I'll for sure be at home with a new bouncing baby. Had he said he would strip my membranes today I probably would have just done it but he didn't and there really wasn't any kind of let down feeling. Overall I think it's time for me to fully embrace having a newborn around and do what I can to be prepared. Maybe tomorrow...
And that folks is how I'm feeling/doing.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I can't believe how close you are. I was nervous towards the end of Natalie's pregnancy mainly because I knew how much added work newborns are, but was so excited to have her out of me. Good luck to you, I can't wait to find out what the gender is.

Lesley said...

Hey that's how i feel! oh wait i am not pregnant! What is my reason.....? Love the honesty :)