Monday, January 19, 2009

It's a ...!!

Oh wait, we don't actually know yet. I'm still sticking around waiting to have this baby. The truth is I finally feel mentally ready to have it and I also feel like I have some affairs in order, particularly my house. At least it is to more of a degree than it has been in the past week or so. I went to the Dr. today and sorry if this is too much info for some but he said I was "at a 2 and still pretty thick." He did strip my membranes but he didn't seem too hopeful about it working. He said the fact that I've had other kids increases my chances but I don't think I was too far progressed so we'll see what happens. Obviously it didn't work for me today since it's been about 8 hours since he did it but I'm still hopeful it will happen in the next few days. I was totally ok with it not happening today or not so I feel like I'm in a good place. The bummer is he's going out of town this weekend so hopefully it won't happen then. We also set my inducement date for next Wednesday so I know I'll have a baby in 10 days at least. I've set an inducement date with all of my kids and not been induced onced so we'll see if that holds true. Anyway, it's crazy to see that I have only 4 days until my due date, maybe I'll actually have a baby early this time!

3 comments:

Despain Family said...

Robin, I wrote you a long email on my laptop telling you about our day Friday - things I didn't have time to tell you about Friday night - and then David unplugged the router to do some work so my email got saved on the laptop, but I wasn't able to access it until the next day and I just have been busy ever since. I will send it soon. Anyway, thanks for you know what and now we have a bike trailer for Andrew!! Yay! I found one today - guess where - Craigslist. I love it. I will send the email soon and good luck with the next few days. Amber

Jules said...

Okay you got me all excited. Good luck to you. I hope it happens soon. Can't wait to hear if you have a boy or girl.

Melanee said...

I was so sure when I saw you had a new post that you'd had the baby. But really, if you had had the baby, why would you be blogging so soon? Anyway, good luck with your last few days of pregnancy. I hope it's really only a few.