Monday, December 22, 2008

A visit with Santa

Every year there is one main event for seeing santa in this town. Basically everyone who is anyone attends and that means hours in line. I figured I needed to go at least once so I thought this should be the year. After finding out 5 minutes before I was leaving that John couldn't come because of a meeting I loaded up the kids and went myself. The 2 to 2 1/2 hour wait is one thing but it happens to be outside as well. So I pressed forward and luckily had a few people around me that I knew that could go for hot chocolate runs and bathroom runs for me. Truthfully the kids were great. Collin stayed in his stroller up to about the last 30 minutes and Madison and Bridgett were pretty happy because they kept getting to eat cookies. Here we are standing in line after 2 hours.

All the kids did a great job on Santa's lap. I really love the progression of pictures of Bridgett. This is her whispering in Santa's ear that she wanted a computer and telephone. I have since found out she means a real one of both. A cell phone like mine that will actually call people. I don't think we'll be adding her to the family plan.



Madison wasn't sure what to ask for but eventually came up with a new CTR ring.


Collin wasn't scared at all. I think he was happy for a warm lap. About 20 minutes into the wait he grabbed Bridgett's cup of hot chocolate and spilled it all over his legs. Nothing like 30 degree weather and wet pants.

The best part was that John (due to no fault of his own) showed up literally as the people in front of us finished taking their pictures.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

You deserve mother of the year for waiting in line 2 + hours outside! Collin looks so comfortable on Santa's lap. That was a goodlooking santa (no fake beard).

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

your christmas card i sent you came back with a bad address. How is everything? how are you feeling. can i get your correct address. miss you guys.

Lindsey's Lemonade said...

You are one brave woman. At least you're not totally big pregnant. Oh, wait a minute, you are!!!

Parkers said...

I love these pictures. Bridget cracks we up. No wonder she wants a cell phone - to call her boyfriend:) We're excited for your new addition. Hope you are doing well!