Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My new favorite thing

At DQ in Show Low right now Peanut Buster Parfaits are on sale for $2.49. I happen to love them although John claims there's not much a difference between them and McDonald's $1 sundaes. I couldn't disagree more but anyway I've treated myself to a few lately and so when I was in the store yesterday I passed the chocolate syrups and hot fudge I thought the hot fudge sounded yummy. I didn't end up buying it though and was regretting it that evening when I really wanted some hot fudge on my ice cream. Then I thought "I'm sure I could just make some." Sure enought 5 minutes later (literally) I was topping my ice cream with some really yummy hot fudge. I was surprised at how easy it was and it tasted soooo good so I thought I would share the recipe.

1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 heaping TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
1 TBSP butter
1 tsp vanilla

Mix milk, cocoa, and butter in saucepan and stir continously until smooth about 5 minutes. Add vanilla.

That's it and you can put the leftover in the refrigerator and heat it up in the microwave for the next time you want some.

No comments: