Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's starting again

When Bridgett was about 2 she started doing this things where she would go in to her room and dump a bunch of toys into something such as a toy shopping cart or a bag and then she would take it around the house with her all day. Then it expanded to a place at the end of their bunk beds where she would just pile everything there and didn't want anyone to touch it or clean it up. It was very interesting to see that the pile of stuff is what made her happy regardless of what was in the pile. She would do this daily and only when I would insist would things get put back away. At one point John was really worried because he had lost $20. I wasn't worried at all, I walked into her room, opened a bag and sure enough there it was. Eventually she stopped doing this and I haven't seen her really do it for quite some time until last week. She rediscovered a little backpack of hers and the hoarding started again. She filled it up and took it everywhere. Here she is playing the piano and wearing her backpack. It went with us on every outing and rarely left her back.


She opened it and took a few things out so I snapped a picture before she put them back in. I really do find it quite fascinating and it shed some light on how just having stuff can make a person happy. I never realized that for some people it's just about having something not about what they have.

2 comments:

Melanee said...

That is so funny! I love that Bridgett girl. And just in case I haven't said it already, I'm so excited that you're pregnant, and not just because it's you and not me.

The Prices!! . said...

My kids do that, only they always tell me not to look into it. Of couse I always do, and I usually find things they are not supposed to have.