Thursday, August 28, 2008

I want to move...NOW

Some people might really enjoy this kind of thing but not me. Not even slightly. In fact it had me in a bit of a panic. I came out from my bedroom to the living room (which currently had stuff everywhere thus adding to the problem) and saw this very large lizard scurry under my couch. I screamed and fretted for a few seconds and then went straight to the phone to call John. So what if he works 30 minutes away and can't do anything about it, I needed some moral support. As I was talking to him I see that the lizard has made his way out from under the couch and amazingly is in a clear spot. I quickly look around and grab my biggest Tupperware that I can find (to give you an idea of the size of this thing the box is about the size of a shoe box). I manage to trap him and then spend the next 10 minutes trying to figure out what the heck to do with him now. I contemplated such options as waiting 2 hours for John to get home and deal with him except that he could actually move the box around a good few inches at a time and that had me a little worried. Then I thought maybe my neighbor boys would enjoy him but they weren't home so ultimately after a few box jumps across the floor I got brave and stuck a book cover under him and carried him across the street.



During my 10 minutes of contemplation he pooped on my floor. Love it.


Does anyone have a guess as to what kind of lizard this is? Click on it to zoom in. Knowing nothing about lizards it seems that his plain colored tail is kind of unique? I'll have to do some research and see what I can come up with. I'm fairly certain though that he is very poisonous and extremely aggressive.
Do lizards eat spiders? Maybe we should have kept him as a pet.

**Update**
Angela emailed the science teacher from her work who happens to be a reptile guru. Here is what he said about this lizard.

"Its a Madrean Alligator Lizard. They are really cool lizards because they are not as common. I have only captured two in my whole life. They are usually real nice and fun to hold. The one in the blog has a regenerated tail. A normal tail is three times longer than that one."

1. I'm glad it was a regenerated tail and not the regular one. I had a hard enough time trying to find something to capture it in.
2. I have no desire to hold it let alone play with the thing!
Thanks for the info reptile guru!

5 comments:

Melanee said...

Wow. I didn't know Show Low even had lizards, let alone big lizards that come in people's houses and poop on the floor. That's some pretty crazy stuff.

Angela said...

Ok, I am a lizard kind of a girl and this turns my stomach just a bit. I just can't imagine something like that in my house.

Benjamin said...

Welcome to the jungle. Lesley saw a snake by the tent the other day. It was black, red, and yellow striped but she didn't stick around long enough to determin the order of the bands. red touches yellow kills a fellow; red touches black friend of jack. We either have a playfull King snake or a rather unpleasant coral snake bunking with us.

Lindsey's Lemonade said...

Any animal that can't easily be stepped on is unacceptable. Mice. In Utah we have mice. I will pray that the lizard never returns to your house for a reunion.

Unknown said...

You can also buy these superb watches in spite of the specifications of Breitling
. Vail resort is hosting the first edition of the Breitling Aeromarine
Vail resort is hosting the first edition of the Breitling Windrider
. Public will have access to judge videos online and the winning team will bring back home two Breitling Avenger
!

The Tiffany
has a shade which is a gorgeous confection of stained glass that has been meticulously soldered together, and you will find that your Tiffany earrings
can bring a great deal of life, you should consider what you can do with a Tiffany rings
, there is a great deal of the delicate metalwork that is so indicative of the silver rings
designs.