Monday, November 23, 2009

El Tour de Tucson

I'm starting to think my husband can do any kind of double dare physical challenge. First he does a half ironman (did I forget to post about that?) which consisted of a 1.2 mile swim (in open, really cold water), 56 mile bike ride, and he finished it off with a 13 mile run. And just this past weekend he did the 108 mile El Tour de Tucson bike ride.

I suppose the fact that he rode 108 miles on his bike was not the real accomplishment of the weekend. What was even more amazing was that he actually found AND bought a pair of bike shorts! Way to go John!

Seriously though I think he's pretty amazing.



This is John and my brother-in-law Rob who also participated.

4 comments:

Despain Family said...

This is GREAT! I think it's great he does all these things. I still want to see pictures of your house!

Lesley said...

John is pretty darn amazing, further evidence of why I have an inferiority sibling complex! I still need to talk to him to get the blow by blow, but John is a good story teller so maybe I will wait till thanksgiving to get it in person. Geez you did the Bisbee challenge last month, John did the El Tour this month, what are you plans in December?

ALYN said...

That's a very interesting comment, dnwu.

Anyhow, great work John. Thanks for your comment on my blog, Robin. I replied over there, if you didn't see it.

Love the stylish family picture at the top. Hope you're doing well.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Love the blog post!!! You are really a blessing in my life. Reading things like this really inspires me to look into myself and change things for the better. I have switched over to a different blog. It is still the same look but I had to change emails so because of that I had to switch over to a new blog. I made sure I was following you again. I hope you do the same and follow and read up on my blogs. I will even be posting a new one today!!! So lets follow each other and be inspired and encouraged by each other's blog.

Gregory A Keels